Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fire Shall Come

This post is in honor of Mr. Boyd Rice, who is, despite his misanthropic image, a really nice guy. After I wrote what he said was a "very sweet and nice message" to him on his Facebook page, he put me and a friend on the guest list for the show he played in LA last Friday (June 14th), which definitely got us "fired up." Much to my delight, he played a set that included several of my favorite songs by NON, including this one. True to his claim that he was excited to meet us, he stayed around after his set to chat with us for several minutes and have us take photos with him. I am so pleased that I caught him on his last US tour and had the opportunity to meet him and tell him how much his music and art means to me, and how grateful I am that he cares about his fans. Even if this really is his last tour, I hope he continues to make music for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment