Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 52 Rules


Friends: Today marks the almost one year anniversary of the birth of this blog. It also, coincidentally, marks the one year anniversary of the last full day the man that inspired this blog, Jon Ashline, drummer and vocalist for The Screamin' Mee-Mee's, was alive. I don't know if I told any of you this, but this blog was started as a tribute to his memory, and it feels like an appropriate time to end it. We have provided Mr Ashline, and his spirit if it is still out there, with almost a year worth of great music to enjoy. A new song every day of the week. I didn't know Jon well, I considered him a friend but doubt he thought of me in the same way, but I did know him well enough to know that a present like this would be something he would appreciate.

Your last assignment is to post something for a friend that has passed on. Let's define "friend" loosely - family members, acquaintances, people you hardly knew, Kurt Cobain, whatever. I don't want this to be a painful thing, instead I'd like it to be joyful, celebratory, something to help us all just kind of move on, I guess. You don't have to name the friend you're dedicating the song to, but I would like to read something about the person if you feel so inclined to write something. I think Jon would too. 

I can't thank all of you enough in helping me with this project. Even Krista, who flaked and passed out on the whole thing, thanks for at least having an interest. I love you all, even when you're late for work (Kyanimal).

Thank you.
Jack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment