Thursday, September 12, 2013

NO FUN!

                            After researching a bit under age demographics of the middle east. I found that in the greater parts of middle east there appears to be a very sizable amount of youths compared to the older residents. Even in the other countries more towards the middle are also having projections of their youths growing in number. Projections are kind of staggering and worrisome for the people discussing the topic. I will say at this point its safe to assume that my target would be a rebellious youths.
Now by looking into what types music that has influenced the peoples of the mid east I found there is a plethora of types ranging in everything from strings to percussion and onto winds like chimes and woodwinds and shit. Dance music and the modern dance style appear to go hand in hand in this part of the world. I quote "  Before the influence of Islam, music in the Arabian Peninsula was associated with prostitution and drunken entertainment. Under the wide rule of Islam, vulgar lyrics and suggestive dancing by women became illegal. Much post-Islamic music is used in ceremonial dance and recreation. Meditation, trance, and self-flagellation are often used while listening to music to bring one to a higher sense of God" WOW! so prolly playing something like benni benassi is out of the question. There was also a huge part of influence from religion but we wont go there.
Pop culture seems to be mostly based around dance, rap, rock and punk. Which seems to be taking off in these lands as of recent.  I did find a wonderful little bit of music I will share at the end. I did more digging and once again here I find more about how the british were an annoyance to this part of world as other parts the that they had been poking and prodding through out the histories. I couldnt help but think of the sex pistols. I could listen to the sex pistols all day all night. Just because of the gritty disgusting nature of the sound they play. Simply make a bunch of noise and sing with no sense of rhythm in a drunken stupor. Yeah gotta love it. Most people, through my experiences,of today that didnt grow up with the sex pistols or in that particular culture have been quite disgusted with it. I will assume for this post it would prolly work in this case too.


Industrial? I would say this is a form of industrial! I flippin love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment